The client noticed a bug today with the above mentioned template.
Course managers create courses. When creating a course, the manager specifies maximum number of available seats.
The template provides for self-service enrollment. I enroll and a workflow attached to the registration list decrements the "available seats" associated with that course.
Individuals may also unregister from a course. The bug lies here. Unregistering from a course does not increment the available seats counter. As a result, available seats is not accurate. This bug is compounded by the fact that when available seats decrements to zero, no more self-service registration is allowed.
Fortunately, Microsoft provides the workflow for this process. Even better, it’s a straight-forward workflow created via SharePoint Designer.
Follow these high level steps to fix it:
- Fire up SDP.
- Access the site based off the training template.
- Access "Attendee unregistration" workflow.
- Insert these steps (I made them the first two steps):
- Calculate Courses:Filled Seats minus 1 (Output to Variable:calc)
- (then) Update item in Courses
Click Finish and you’re done.
Update item in Courses: