My colleague (Natalya Voskresenskaya) and I will be speaking at the Fairfield/Westchester SharePoint User Group meeting at 6:00 PM on 07/16 (Wednesday). We are talking about the content query web part. This is the same (but improved version that we gave to New York in May).
Pre-register here: https://www.clicktoattend.com/invitation.aspx?code=129626&wa=wsignin1.0
Natalya and I hope to see you there!
Here’s the email Richard Martzelle just sent out on the subject:
Topic: Using Content Query Web Part to Create Business Solutions
Speakers: Paul Galvin & Natalya Voskresenskaya
Date: July 16th Welcome Time: (Eat & Network): 6:00PM Time: 6:30 PM -8:00PM
MOSS 2007’s Content Query Web Part (CQWP) enables users to create custom views of data queried from many sources, and present that data in one place. Despite its powerful query & content refinement options, CQWP is often an underrated and overlooked feature. CQWP is both a "data extraction engine" (find documents or list items anywhere in a site collection) and also a first-class presentation tool that enables users to control how content is presented by wrapping HTML and styles to format the display nearly any way you wish.
In this demo-heavy session, they will show how to use the CQWP to solve business problems by showing off core features
• use default CWQP features, including audience targeting
• use CWQP as a reporting tool anywhere in a site collection via filter criteria such as "all documents created today"
• change look & feel of query results to highlight business data, show additional columns of information, display information in a grid format, and others
• show how CQWP can aid in content type administration (i.e. find all documents of a particular content type so as to understand potential impact of changing a CT definition)
• describe some limitations of CQWP
• provide a list of resources for advanced CQWP techniques, including blogs, ECQWP Codeplex project & MSDN documentation
Subscribe to my blog.