We resume SharePoint Shop Talk tomorrow at 12:30 PM EDT. As usual, if there are any topics or questions you’d like the panel to address, please email them to email@example.com.
This week we are drawing a few questions from the www.endusersharepoint.com Stump The Panel forums:
- “I understand that a parent site and a child site cannot communicate. For instance, I would like to either push data from a list in a child site to a list in a parent site or have the parent site pull data from child site. Is there a way to design a workflow to accomplish having data sent for pulled from lists in a parent/child site relationship?”
- “On my newform.aspx for my main list, I have a lookup column that points to the title column in my employee list.
In the employee list, there is another column that is a checkbox named ‘active’.
What I would like to happen is on the newform of the main list, when they click on the dropdown it only displays the records from the employee list that are marked active.
Is there a way to filter the dropdown on the mainlist’s newform.aspx so it only displays the ones marked active?”
- “I know this is simple but, for the life of me I can’t get it to work! We have a discussion board that we built a date field into call expiration. I would like to automatically have expired items delete after their expiration date. If you could send me a screen shot of the workflow it would be much appreciated. Basically if expired = today then delete current item “
- “I am trying to set up a sign-up list for a blood drive, wherein once a time slot is chosen, it is no longer available. Is there a way to do this, besides just making an Excel-type spreadsheet be the sign-up? “
And if we have time:
- How many SharePoint experts does it take to change a light bulb?
In addition, we answer questions directly from email and we’re open to questions any time on the call itself.
Register here: https://www323.livemeeting.com/lrs/8000043750/Registration.aspx?pageName=0dc4shjthnl6d0mm
Subscribe to my blog.
Follow me on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/pagalvin