Additional categories: Visual Studio 2005
To enable useful intellisense for Features, elements, etc in visual studio 2005:
- Access a WSS server.
- Navigate to "c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\web server extensions\12\TEMPLATE\XML"
- Open another windows explorer pointing to: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Xml\Schemas"
Copy the following files from the WSS server to your VS 2005 schemas directory:
- Restart VS 2005
- Add a new XML file to a project.
- Click in the body of the XML file.
- In the properties pane, click on "Schemas" and pick "wss.xsd" from the choices. (It’s not necessary to select other xsd’s since they are referenced from wss.xsd).
Intellisense is now enabled for that XML document.
See here for more information on this subject and for instructions on how to automatically associate WSS intellisense with any XML file.